A Complete Applicant File Must Include the Following:
- Application (Download PDF)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Criminal History Background Check – To be accepted as a volunteer with our project, you will be required to have a criminal history background check submitted to our agency. Please contact your local law enforcement agency to find out the procedure for your state. The background check must be sent directly from their agency to the Cheyenne River Youth Project.
- A $450 application fee is required for US applicants and $400 for applicants outside of the US. This fee should be mailed with your application. If this is not possible, please call the Youth Programs Director to make other arrangements.
- A telephone interview will be arranged once the initial contact has been made.The application process can be quite lengthy but there are ways to expedite the process via e-mail or fax. Please use the following email for Volunteer Applications: email@example.com
Please contact us with any questions.
IMPORTANT: Transportation to and from Eagle Butte will be provided by the organization. Volunteers are requested to arrive in Pierre, South Dakota by airplane or bus.